The partners in rmn², the Universities in Frankfurt, Mainz and Darmstadt with their medical centers and six extra-university institutions, dealing with neuroscience, have signed a contract of cooperation. It pursues the harmonisation, collaboration and excellence in neuroscience research as main topic.
This is achieved through intensive joint research activities that results in the joint application for and acquisition of large third-party funded projects.
- an aligned hiring strategy,
- facilities to be utilized by researchers and students alike at all institutions
- joint teaching programs (Master and MD/PhD-PhD) – with teaching courses and facilities open to all rmn² students,
- joint seminar series,
- event announcements for rmn² members on-line,
- and last but not least the meanwhile legendary biennial meeting of rmn² researchers in Oberwesel am Rhein
are key features of the collaboration.
During the last years rmn² has emerged as one of the leading neuroscience centers in Germany, with high recognition also internationally.
rmn² is also one of the projects of the Rhine Main Universities (RMU).